Thursday 1 November 2012

Corpers want to serve in SOKOTO because of good hospitality

Despite the worrisome level of insecurity in Nigeria and the north in particular, corps members serving in Sokoto State have said the hospitality of the people makes the region a good place to serve.
Most of them said they contemplated giving up the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) scheme when they were posted to the northern state.
However, having stayed in Sokoto State for some months now, corps members said they have no cause to regret coming to serve their fatherland in the state.
Speaking with LEADERSHIP, some of the corps members described the hospitality of the region as incomparable while others wondered why the region should still be bedeviled with such an ailment (insecurity).
“After my graduation, one thing I never prayed for was to serve in the north. However, when I saw my call-up letter carrying Sokoto State I had instant hypertension and contemplated giving up the whole idea about NYSC.
“My pastor later counselled me that I should go because God has a reason for everything that happens to his children.
Thereafter, I made up my mind and came. Now I have spent almost seven months in the region and I can say this, without fear or favour, that the hospitality of the people of the north especially Sokoto State has no equal,” Jude Nwekwere, Batch B corps members, said.
While calling on both the people and states of the north as well as the federal government to work assiduously towards finding a lasting solution to the problem, the corps members noted that “Nigeria is in a transformation stage which insecurity is part of it. For gold to glitter, it often passes through furnace treatment”.
They chided the federal and state governments, corporate and well-meaning individuals to collaborate towards finding a lasting solution to insecurity in the region.

Read on: www.leadership.ng

No comments:

Post a Comment