Monday 8 April 2013

Quotes just for you...

I don't think..." then you shouldn't talk, said the Hatter.”
Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Brian Tracy
“Never complain, never explain. Resist the temptation to defend yourself or make excuses.”
Brian Tracy

Rumi
“silence is the language of god,
all else is poor translation.”
Rumi

Ambrose Bierce
“Speak when you are angry and you will make the best speech you will ever regret.”
Ambrose Bierce

Jodi Picoult
“Seeing her sitting there unresponsive makes me realize that silence has a sound.”
Jodi Picoult, My Sister's Keeper

Lisa Kleypas
“Many times in life I've regretted the things I've said without thinking. But I've never regretted the things I said nearly as much as the words I left unspoken.”
Lisa Kleypas, Sugar Daddy

William S. Burroughs
“Silence is only frightening to people who are compulsively verbalizing.”
William S. Burroughs, The Job: Interviews with William S. Burroughs

Mark Twain
“The right word may be effective, but no word was ever as effective as a rightly timed pause.”
Mark Twain

George Eliot
“Blessed is the man who, having nothing to say, abstains from giving us wordy evidence of the fact.”
George Eliot, Impressions of Theophrastus Such

Brandon Sanderson
“You should try not to talk so much, friend. You'll sound far less stupid that way.

- Breeze”
Brandon Sanderson, Mistborn: The Final Empire

Lou Holtz
“Never tell your problems to anyone...20% don't care and the other 80% are glad you have them.”
Lou Holtz

Benjamin Franklin
“Remember not only to say the right thing in the right place, but far more difficult still, to leave unsaid the wrong thing at the tempting moment.”
Benjamin Franklin

Simone Elkeles
“You know about fixing cars, you're athletic, and you know when to shut up."
"That last one isn't a skill."
"Honey, trust me. It's a skill.”
Simone Elkeles, Rules of Attraction

Orson Scott Card
“Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken.”
Orson Scott Card

Samuel Taylor Coleridge
“Silence does not always mark wisdom.”
Samuel Taylor Coleridge

Honoré de Balzac
“It is always assumed by the empty-headed, who chatter about themselves for want of something better, that people who do not discuss their affairs openly must have something to hide.”
Honoré de Balzac, Père Goriot

Albert Einstein
“If I were to remain silent, I'd be guilty of complicity.”
Albert Einstein

Richard Yates
“Never say anything that doesn't improve on silence.”
Richard Yates, A Good School

No comments:

Post a Comment