Wednesday 15 May 2013

Man U defender Rio Ferdinand retires from international football


After 16 years of playing for England, Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand, has announced his retirement from International football to concentrate on his club career. Ferdinand started playing for England in 1997. The footballer explained why he quit England in a statement released today:
'After a great deal of thought, I have decided the time is right for me to retire from international football. At the age of 34, I feel it is right for me to stand aside and let the younger players come through, which allows me to concentrate on my club career.
'The team looks in great shape and there is an influx of young, talented players coming through the ranks which bodes well for the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment